Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Too close for comfort

In 16 short days, our precious baby will have her 2nd heart surgery. It already makes me sick thinking about sending her back into something that we have no idea how it will turn out. We have been home for almost 4 months, and it seems like 2 weeks. It really hit me today how close it is when I was grocery shopping. I was buying milk, and the expiration date on the milk I was buying was October 21. Yikes. That is 4 short days before she goes in. I was that weird girl crying in the dairy section. Good thing my eyes have been bothering me so I had my glasses on today and you really couldn't tell. :)

We are dedicating Addie this Sunday at church, and honestly, I wasn't sure we would ever make it this far. She has been such a blessing and has brought us so much joy. It is really exciting for our family. We made it extra special and asked many friends who have loved on our family the last 10 months (and really, a long time before that) to be a part. It should be something extra special for everyone involved. 

As you say your prayers, please say one for Sweet Adeline and our family in the coming weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. We are most definitely praying...
    lifting you all up!
    Marking the date on my calendar

    ReplyDelete