Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 16, 2012

30 Rock

I rocked two 30s this week. I am officially 30 years old today and as of Wednesday, was 30 weeks pregnant. Overall, it has been a great birthday week. My sweet little sister, Cayla, brought some amazing cupcakes to book club on Wednesday as a total surprise. They sang "Happy Birthday," and I blew out a candle. It caught me off guard and made me teary. Also, my mom came in town Wednesday on her spring break to visit and babysit Ellie today because I scheduled our Children's ECHO and tour today. Scott and I ate at Tillman's Roadhouse after a long day at Children's. It was some good food and much needed time to ourselves.

The ECHO went good today. We met with a different cardiologist, Dr. Kane, after the ECHO. Luckily, there haven't been any changes with Addie's heart since our last ECHO a few months ago. They want to see us one last time (at 36 weeks) before I deliver just to make sure there are no surprises. The tour of Children's was hard for both Scott and I. It was good to see where we will be for 4-6 weeks, but was also tough. There were a couple times I was pretty close to tears. It was hard to see those sweet babies in the cribs surrounded by huge machines and not being held. When Addie will be in the cardiac ICU, we won't be able to hold her because of her breathing tube, chest tubes and leads that are attached. This breaks my heart. I am pretty sure I didn't put Ellie down for the first 2 weeks she was home. We will be able to touch Addie and hold her hands, but I don't think this will compare.

We also found out that we will be the first parents that deliver at Presbytarian Dallas to be able to get video of Addie at Children's when I am still in the hospital. I will be "skyping" with Addie for a few hours a day while I am still in the hospital at Presby. This made my day. I was really worried about not being able to see my sweet girl for days if I have to have a C-section. Right now, one is not planned, but you never know.

All in all, it was a good week and good visit at Children's today. The thirties are going to be good!

1 comment:

  1. yes they are! glad to hear it went well. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete