Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 2, 2012

28 weeks

I had both my OB and perinatologist appointments this morning. I go back to my OB every 2 weeks now until 36 weeks, and then every week after that. I go back to the perinatologist in 4 weeks, and then every week after that. Woof!!! Too many doctor's appointments for sure!

I don't have much to share from these appointments today, which is a good thing. The perinatologist said that everything still looked good and that many of her parts were "beautiful." I love that he uses that word. We did schedule our tour of the Presbytarian NICU so that we could get used to all the "bells and whistles" up there. Addie will be there only for a short time before she gets transferred to Children's within a few hours of birth, but it will be good to know where she will be for that brief time.

This all still feels like a bad dream, but I know she is getting ready to make her debut in 10 1/2 short weeks. We are still planning on inducing at 39 weeks. Hopefully she stays in that long because they want her as big as possible. Her heart is tiny right now (about the size of an adult pinky fingernail) so the longer she stays in, the bigger her heart gets.

The closer we get, the more nervous I get. I am scared for my sweet girl. We met with our pastor this past week, and after I expressed my fear and said that I didn't feel like anything was helping, he reminded me of some scripture from 1 John 4:16-19.

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us.

So.....I am going to focus on this scripture and keep loving on this baby with all my heart.

Please keep our family in your prayers as we get closer to meeting Sweet Adeline.


Holy cow my hair is long! :)



5 comments:

  1. Camille... we've been praying for you guys and your sweet babe. We'll continue to cover you all in prayer in the coming weeks.
    P.S.... love your hair;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! We appreciate your prayers as we continue our journey the next couple of months. Thanks for keeping up with us. :)

      Delete
  2. Colossians 1:9
    New International Version (NIV)
    For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives.

    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow you are cute. My heart hurts for you but you are putting your hope on a solid rock and He is surely knitting that baby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camille you are in my prayers daily. I have to say your mom's verse brought tears to my eyes. Absolutely the perfect addition to your already beautiful blog. This little baby has the best parents ever and you will be blessed by this little babe and the strength she will have!

    ReplyDelete