Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Big day

It is crazy to think it has only been 2 days since Addie's surgery. These last couple days have flown by but have gone really slowly at the same time...if that makes sense. Not really sure where all our time goes up here. Last night Addie had her first "bump in the road" since surgery by having an SVT episode. Her heart rate went to the 320's....pretty scary! Today has been a really great day so far! They pulled out one of Addie's chest tubes, a UVC (belly) line, put an NG tube in, started 1 cc/hr breast milk, turned off her dopamine, epi, and lasix, went down on her pain medicine, and gave her an ECHO. She is making some great strides! Hopefully tomorrow her breathing tube will come out. We have a strong little girl on our hands! She is definitely a fighter.

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for that sweet girl!!!!
    Praying for a good nights rest for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I have checked this blog probably 80 times today hoping for good news. Oh, Addie... what a superhero you are!

    Sending out a fist bump (look for it in about 3 hours) for a restful tonight. Love you, Prewett family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fighter! so so happy that she is getting better daily! continuing in prayer...the wagners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I dont know you...I dont know how I got here...God led me here. I just posted info over at the vanilla tulip! My friend of over 25 years has a daughter who has this. Infact, she is out of surgery in the hospital RIGHT NOW! My friend Lisa blogs about this and is a wealth of information and inspiration. Here is her blog! http://www.oliviad2010.blogspot.com/ I can only hope that you find so much peace during this and your hope comes from other precious kiddos going through this too, and coming out strong! I am just jaw on the floor in awe of God leading me here right now! I am praying for you and Addie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOD is GREAT!!! I am so glad that she is doing well. We are rooting for her! We love you guys! It's in God's hands, and what powerful hands he has!--The Claborns

    ReplyDelete