Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Joy

The love between a mother and her child is a bond of the strongest kind. My mom wrote this comment on a post awhile back. I really struggled with feeling joy about having a child with a serious heart defect before Addie was born. I wondered if I would be able to let myself love something I didn't know if I would be able to keep. I  was really afraid of the struggle for Addie! Any parent can understand that. Once Addie was born though, I had no problems feeling joy or love over my newest daughter. Sure, I still don't ever want her to suffer or struggle, but I have finally found that peace that I desperately searched for before Addie was born. My love for both my girls has multiplied more than I ever imagined it would.  Also, the love for my friends and family has grown a well as my faith. This journey is not near over, but so far, our family has been so blessed. I am so proud of our little family, and especially our newest little. And, my mom is right....the love between a mother and her child is a bond of the strongest kind.

P.S. we moved to the 8th floor yesterday. One step closer to home!!! Yay!!!

1 comment:

  1. i've got big tears streaming down my face! i am so happy for you and for your little family. we love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete