Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Hope in 2017

I can't believe my last post was 2014. Things have been going so well as far as Addie's health so I haven't had much to write about. Addie is amazingly healthy and strong. She is bright light in the lives of those who know her.

I wanted to update here because Addie is going to have her next surgery, the Fontan, summer 2017 so I will probably be writing a lot more. Addie's surgeon is no longer at Children's which has been its own devastation of sorts. They are getting a new surgeon that starts in January and we plan on interviewing him sometime in the first part of next year. Addie's cath will be in March and we hope to have a little more information about the new surgeon then so we can make a decision about whether or not we will travel or stay in Dallas. One of my biggest prayers is that we don't have to travel. Our community is here and so are our two other kiddos, Maris and Ellie.

Ellie is 6 and in 1st grade at Moss Haven, Addie is 4 and in Pre-K at Wilshire, and Maris will be 2 in January. These last few years leading up to surgery this year have been fun and full of joy. All of my girls have enjoyed each other, countless play dates, precious time with cousins and family, vacations, and so much more. We have enjoyed being years out from a time when Addie's life was fragile. We are thankful for each other and are hopeful for 2017. I'm ready to get this surgery over with and move on. It's been in the back of my mind for so many years.

I feel like I need to prepare my heart and soul for this surgery. Addie is a little girl now. One with feelings and a heart for her friends and family. She is empathic, kind and has a joy for life that can't be matched. This surgery is going to be by far the hardest. We would appreciate prayers as we begin our journey towards the Fontan. We will pray for you as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment