Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Update

Lots has happened since Scott last updated the blog. He updated the day before Addie's birthday so since then, we have celebrated her and Ellie's birthdays, had a cardiology appointment, and started school among many other things.


We had a joint birthday party with family to celebrate both Addie and Ellie. It was a sprinkle themed party complete with sprinkle cupcakes and treats, "sprinkle the plants with water," "sprinkle yourself with accessories," and "sprinkle the paper with drawings." The girls got a princess Jeep for their birthday and it has been one of the best presents. They still ride in it almost every day and both have become pretty good drivers.





Addie had a cardiology appointment in July. Everything checked out beautifully and she will go back in January 2015. It has been so nice going so long between appointments. I hope it continues to be that way for a few years. Dr. Ikemba, Addie's cardiologist, did mention that if everything keeps going the way it is (good) then we are looking at her Fontan before kindergarten. I still struggle with doing it then if it isn't absolutely necessary, but I truly believe Dr. Ikemba is one of the best doctors around so would weigh our opinion. She cares about our family and Addie so very much and always makes me feel like we have the best care available. I really love her and trust her opinion.


This summer, we went with my family to the JW Marriott in San Antonio. We all had such a great time. The girls loved spending time with their cousins and having playmates all day every day. There is so much to do there that you never have to leave, although we did go into San Antonio one night to see my Uncle Ro and Aunt Janet and their family. We enjoyed the waterpark, watching movies at nighttime, and a band one night. It really was lots of fun!  I also took the girls to Spearman for a week in July. They love going there. The pace is so much different than Dallas. It is really a breath of fresh air for me.


Both girls started "school" at Wilshire at the beginning of September. Ellie asked all summer when school started so was super excited to go back. She has one of the same teachers that she had last year, Ms. Jackie, who is one of Ellie's favorite people (and mine too). Addie was also pretty pumped about starting school. She is going one day a week this year and loves it so far. One of Addie's teachers, Ms. Amy, has been a friend of ours for a long time. When I found out that she was going to be Addie's teacher, I almost cried. I was really dreading telling her teachers about her heart history for some reason, but I didn't have to since Amy already knew. I really think we couldn't have asked for better teachers for both our precious girls this year.




We are good. Addie is good. Ellie is good. Scott is good, and I am good. It is easy to forget that Addie even has any health issues because she is so "normal." She is spunky, fun, and man is that girl funny. Although it is easy to forget at times, I am often reminded of the severity of her defect. I have chosen not to make this my life and by that, have chosen not to befriend many people in the heart world. Sometimes the weight of others' issues can be suffocating to me. Only because I know that could be us. There have been a lot of terrible things I have seen lately, and it makes me grateful that Addie is doing as well as she is. That we are doing as well as we are. We are grateful and happy and that is all we can ask for right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment